Percona announces the GA release of Percona Server for MySQL 5.7.21-20 on February 19, 2018. Download the latest version from the Percona web site or the Percona Software Repositories. You can also run Docker containers from the images in the Docker Hub repository.
Based on MySQL 5.7.21, including all the bug fixes in it, Percona Server for MySQL 5.7.21-20 is the current GA release in the Percona Server for MySQL 5.7 series. Percona provides completely open-source and free software.
- A new string variable
version_suffixallows to change suffix for the Percona Server version string returned by the read-only
version_commentis converted from a global read-only to a global read-write variable.
- A new
keyring_vault_timeoutvariable allows to set the amount of seconds for the Vault server connection timeout. Bug fixed #298.
mysqldstartup script was unable to detect jemalloc library location for preloading, and that prevented starting Percona Server on systemd based machines. Bugs fixed #3784 and #3791.
- There was a problem with fulltext search, which could find a word with punctuation marks in natural language mode only, but not in boolean mode. Bugs fixed #258, #2501 (upstream #86164).
- Build errors were present on FreeBSD (caused by fixing the bug #255 in Percona Server
5.6.38-83.0) and on MacOS (caused by fixing the bug #264 in Percona Server
5.7.20-19). Bugs fixed #2284 and #2286.
- A bunch of fixes was introduced to remove GCC 7 compilation warnings for
the Percona Server build. Bugs fixed #3780 (upstream #89420, #89421, and #89422).
- CMake error took place at compilation with bundled zlib. Bug fixed #302.
- A GCC 7 warning fix introduced regression in Percona Server that led to a wrong SQL query built to access the remote server when Federated storage engine was used. Bug fixed #1134.
- It was possible to enable
encrypt_binlogwith no binary or relay logging enabled. Bug fixed #287.
- Long buffer wait times where occurring on busy servers in case of the
- Bug fixed #276.
- Server queries that contained JSON special characters and were logged by Audit Log Plugin in JSON format caused invalid output due to lack of escaping. Bug fixed #1115.
- Percona Server now uses Travis CI for additional tests. Bug fixed #3777.
This release also contains fixes for the following CVE issues: CVE-2018-2565, CVE-2018-2573, CVE-2018-2576, CVE-2018-2583, CVE-2018-2586, CVE-2018-2590, CVE-2018-2612, CVE-2018-2600, CVE-2018-2622, CVE-2018-2640, CVE-2018-2645, CVE-2018-2646, CVE-2018-2647, CVE-2018-2665, CVE-2018-2667, CVE-2018-2668, CVE-2018-2696, CVE-2018-2703, CVE-2017-3737.
- A new behavior makes Percona Server fail to restart on detected data corruption;
rocksdb_allow_to_start_after_corruptionvariable can be passed to
mysqldas a command line parameter to switch off this restart failure.
- A new cmake option
ALLOW_NO_SSE42was introduced to allow MyRocks build on hosts not supporting SSE 4.2 instructions set, which makes MyRocks usable without FastCRC32-capable hardware. Bug fixed MYR-207.
rocksdb_wal_bytes_per_syncvariables were turned into dynamic ones.
rocksdb_flush_memtable_on_analyzevariable has been removed.
rocksdb_concurrent_prepareis now deprecated, as it has been renamed in upstream to
rocksdb_row_lock_wait_timeoutsglobal status counters were added to track the number of deadlocks and the number of row lock wait timeouts.
- Creating table with string indexed column to non-binary collation now generates warning about using inefficient collation instead of error. Bug fixed MYR-223.
- A memory leak was fixed in the PerconaFT library, caused by not destroying PFS key objects on shutdown. Bug fixed TDB-98.
- A clang-format configuration was added to PerconaFT and TokuDB. Bug fixed TDB-104.
- A data race was fixed in minicron utility of the PerconaFT. Bug fixed TDB-107.
- Row count and cardinality decrease to zero took place after long-running